The following groups meet regularly at the Shambhala Center. Please get in touch with the contact people below for more details about any of these groups and the next meeting times. Most are open to all but some may have specific requirements.
“Heart of Recovery” Group
This weekly meditation, discussion, and support group explores the relationship of addictions and recovery to our personal paths as warriors, bodhisattvas, and meditation practitioners. All who have been impacted (including spouses, children, and other family members) by addiction (both substance and behavioral) are welcome to join us!
Meetings are confidential and consist of:
- Brief meditation instruction (more detailed instruction can be arranged as well)
- Meditation practice
- Sharing by the night’s facilitator — We alternate between a personal share one week and a short talk on Buddhism and its relationship to recovery the next week
- Opportunity for anyone to share
Open to all who are:
- Buddhist practitioners (from any tradition), or
- 12 Step practitioners (from any program), or
- Other recovery program practitioners, or
- Individuals interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to recovery from addiction and addictive behaviors
When: Every Wednesday, 6:30 – 8:00pm
Where: Shambhala Center of Washington, DC
Registration is not required.
For more information, contact:
Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org